Welcome to the Targa California 2018 10th Anniversary Information page.
Please go over all the details below carefully.
Our time to the event is short, so it is important that we communicate clearly on what this event is about.
The Targa California is for 1975, and earlier, era classic cars. We do allow some continuation series, and replica cars that meet the spirit of the event.
In general, any 1975 or older make / model can register for the event that fits within this spirit.
Using the Porsche 911 as an example, a back dated 1994 964 that LOOKS like a 73 RS (or RSR) would be eligible. A stock 964 would not. A 76 BMW looks like a 75, so accepted!
We have made some exceptions for entrants that have supported us from the beginning, or your classic car broke down at the last minute < we want PROOF !
If you think your post 1975 car may qualify, because of its unique character (example Cobra replicas, Renault R5 Turbo, a newer Alfa, something special?) please contact the event director Dave at email@example.com asap for pre acceptance.
This event is a non-competitive tour ! This is not a race, there is no timing, no prizes for first (or last ;-) ) We share the roads with the rest of the world out there. And as such, you will respect others and the situations you will find yourselves in. This is not a parade either. You proceed at your own comfortable safe pace. Find others that match your pace and have fun.
Entries are limited to a total of 110 cars. We sell out fast!
Apologies for this late posting, but we wanted to secure details for the event.
NO Refunds once you process your registration! You can transfer your entry to someone else, but that has to happen before May 15th. That way your substitute can get their appropriate sized goodies included in the event. Be sure you will be joining us before registering.
NO ordering of goodies after the event. We will offer any left over goodies at final driver meeting Saturday morning June 9th.
You are free to order as many items as you like, before the May 15th deadline
Outline of Event (subject to changes given weather or other circumstances)
Wednesday June 6th: Springhill Suites/ Marriott 1811 W Ave J12, Lancaster, Calif. 93534 Tel (661) 729 2390 << they may have rooms available. If sold out check other places located nearby
Arrive early, relax, check in with the event to get your car stickers, goodie bag, etc. Registration will open in the Targa California designated area (check with the front desk) from 4 pm till 6:30/ dinner break/ 8 pm till 10 pm.
Thursday June 7th: Springhill Suites
· Event check in from 6:30 till 7:30 am at Targa California designated area.
· Driver meeting at 7:45/ cars out at 8:00 am (or when meeting is finished)
· Drive to Willow Springs International Raceway- Parade laps in groups. Approximately 1 hour in rotation of the entrants. Note that we will be using the Streets of Willow course this time
· Followed by back roads drive (Frazier Park) to Buttonwillow Raceway Park / Lunch will be served at the track
· Post lunch – Drive to Paso Robles, California for Night #1 of the event
· Open evening
Accommodations Paso Robles June 7th : AND June 9th (split nights)
Black Oak Best Western 1135 24th Street, Paso Robles 93446 . Mention Targa California for our room block/rates (805) 238 4740
If full up then;
Adelaide Inn is across the side street from them at 1215 Ysabel (805) 238 2770 .
Friday, June 8th: Paso Robles to Weather Tech Laguna Seca
· Drive back roads to the track
· Parade laps
· Lunch on your own. The Track café will be open in the Paddock area if you want to watch the track action, or head out to lots of great places in the area.
· Open afternoon and evening
· Hyatt Regency Monterey is our hotel HQ for Friday night, June 8th only. 1 Old Golf Course Road, Monterey (831) 372 1234 Mention Targa California for room access. Special parking area for our group too !
Saturday, June 9th: Monterey to Paso Robles via back roads
· Approx. 300 mile run (some shorter options if you wish)
· Farewell /Awards presentation meal / location to be announced
NASA: National Auto Sport Association
This event is entered, sanctioned, and insured through NASA. Each car must have one current member. Membership is available through the NASA site. You will need your current NASA information to go through the registration process. The membership fee is $45.00. This is NOT refundable once you join
Your Event entry fee of $550 will include the following:
· Registration for one car and driver
· For one person: Lunch Thursday, June 7th, dinner at Farewell Event Saturday, June 9th
· 2 large and 2 small Car stickers, route booklet
· One hat, One event jacket < remember to specify size when filling out the form!
· 1 Soft cotton T shirt < specify size
· 10th anniversary grill badge
· 1 Stylish polo shirt (men’s or ladies)
· And more….
· REMEMBER TO CHOOSE SIZES BY SELECTING A SIZE UNDER THE “CHOOSE YOUR DRIVING CLASS” DROP DOWN MENU FOR EACH APPAREL ITEM.
· Additional jackets are $65 each (ITEM 2)
· Additional T shirts are $15 each (ITEM 3)
· Additional Polo shirts are $28 each (ITEM 1)
· Additional Thursday lunch is $25
· Additional Farewell dinner is $65 each < it’s a good one!
· Additional small Targa logo stickers are $10 per pair
· Additional large Targa logo stickers are $10 each
· Additional hats are $15 each (ITEM 4)
· Additional Grill badges (the 2018 10th anniversary) are $30 each
NO post event orders on goodies! NO exchanges on jackets, so choose your size carefully. If we have left overs ( I always make some) , we will offer them at Saturday morning June 9th driver meeting
POST MAY 15TH REGISTRATION WILL CARRY A LATE FEE OF $100 . We will accept entries up till one week before the event, IF WE ARE NOT FILLED UP. BUT you may not get your apparel order filled till 4 weeks after the event . We have made special arrangements this year with our suppliers to help with this post event.
REFUNDS: NO Refunds once you process your registration! You can transfer your entry to someone else, but that has to happen before May 15th < I am posting this twice so no misunderstandings. We will help you transfer your entry (so you get your money back less the membership and small admin fees) to people that may be on our waiting list. In order to make this go smoother, do NOT release your room reservations till the substitute entrant can take it over.
Events like this would not be possible without our generous sponsors ! We thank the following for their unwavering support:
Autokennel, St Clair Insurance, TRE Motorsports, Rebel Racing Products, Randy Inglis Restorations , Finish Line Powder Painting/ Media detailing , Hagerty Insurance, Schneider Autohaus, WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow Raceway Park, Willow Springs International Raceway