HPDE1 (Beginner) - Classroom + 1x1 instructor passing only on main straights (instructor assigned to each student)
HPDE2 (Novice) - Similar to HPDE1 but (no instructor required)
HPDE3 (Intermediate) - Passing limited
HPDE4 (Advanced) - Open passing with courtesy
Time Attack @ $25 - This will provide competitors (in HPDE3 or above) with a transponder rental and a near open track for 2 hot laps. Only the fastest lap counts. NOTE: Must be combined with HPDE3, HPDE4, TT or Race Group.
Time Attack @ $20 - Same as above but this is for entrants who do not need a transponder to run in the TA. (For HPDE3 drivers and above)
Time Trial - Drivers compete for fastest lap time. Split "Big Bore" and "Small Bore" groups with at least 30 pre-registrations (4 days prior to event) . NOTE: This group requires a NASA Time Trial or Competition license to compete in.
SupersizeTT - For Race Group drivers looking to also compete in Time Trial. NOTE: This option is ONLY good with a "2 day" paid "RACE" pre-registration.
SupersizeHPDE - For Race Group or TT drivers looking for an additional seat time. NOTE: This option is ONLY good with a "2 day" paid "RACE" or "TIME TRIAL" pre-registration.
Transponder Rental - Only available for Time Trial and Race Group. HPDE groups do not get timed! There are no refunds if you rent a transponder in HPDE.
Tech Inspection - This option is ONLY for RACE group participants only that require an ONSITE annual tech inspection. Annual race inspections are available for free at any of the authorized shops if scheduled ahead of time. If your schedule does not allow for this, we can accommodate a limited number of onsite inspections if registered ahead of time for planning purposes. $20 if car has previous year logbook and tech sticker $40 if car does not have previous NASA logbook or lost logbook.
VENDOR - No cost to register, we simply have this option so we can preplan out the paddock and take care of any needed logistics ahead of time. We can also help communicate your services at the event in our email blasts to our members if you take the time to pre-register. Thx! *Chuckwalla has onsite photography*
REGISTRATION CLOSES: WEDNESDAY 4/21/21 @ 8PM
Inde Motorsports Ranch
9301 W Airport Rd
Willcox, AZ 85643
Sat = Configuration 5 (CW)
Sun = Configuration 4 (CW)
PRE-Event and Paddock Setup
The track will be hosting a Fri practice day from 1-5PM (reg link --> NASA Test Day (12:00pm-5:00pm) info on Apr 23, 2021 (612785) | MotorsportReg.com). This is NOT part of the NASA event and keep in mind that the NASA cancelation policy will not allow for refunds or credits if you break your car at the Fri practice day. There are limited RV spots with power and you can not reserve them. They are first come first served and cost $25/day. The main paddock will be very tight so all rigs will need to be parked nose in to allow as many people as possible. INDE does charge a gate fee for those camping and those fees will be collected at the front (waiver) gate when you sign in.
NOTE: There is ample paved paddock parking (even larger than the main paddock!) on the skidpad. The only downside is it is located far from the rest of the paddock and driver info.
INDE is on a septic system and has had "volume" issues during big event weekends. They normally lock down the main bathrooms from 5PM-8AM. NASA was able to negotiate extended hours so the lockdown will only be from 10PM-6AM. There will be port-o-johns available in the paddock for the duration of the event.
HPDE Tech Inspection
• Tech needs to be completed prior to the Drivers Meeting @ 7:30AM
• All HPDE cars require a tech inspection prior to being allowed on track
• HPDE cars only require a single tech inspection for both days
• All TT cars require a current annual tech sticker prior to being allowed on track
• HPDE drivers please print out and fill out this form prior to arriving @ Tech
Annual Tech Inspection (TT & Race only – not available for HPDE)
Any race cars needing a "2021 Annual" onsite, need to pre-register for it via the reg page so we know how many cars we will need to account for. TT cars needing an annual can do them onsite and pay cash directly to tech.
· $0 – “TT car” renewal
· $5 – “TT car” with no log book or lost log book
· $20 – “Race car” renewal (i.e. car has a previous NASA annual tech sticker)
· $40 – “Race car” with no log book (1st time with NASA)
· $100 – “Race car” LOST logbook
Racer & TT cars should also have this filled out in advance à http://www.nasaproracing.com/forms/annual_race_tech.pdf
All participants should be aware of the NASA Club Codes & Regulations found here (http://nasaproracing.com/rules/ccr.pdf)
All participants should also be aware of the NASA Arizona region specific Supplemental Rules found here (https://nasaaz.com/nasa-arizona-supplemental-rules/)
“What time do I need to show up?”
This is the #1 question we are asked, especially by the folks new to NASA. See the event schedule (below or attached) for exact times but we always recommend ~1 hour prior to the drivers meeting (@ 7:30AM) to allow enough time to find a spot, check in with Driver Info (if you’re HPDE1) and get your car through tech and any other last min items before the drivers meeting.
Driver Info / Registration
• Will be located inside "The Barn"
• If you are not wearing your waiver wrist band you may be asked by Driver Info to sign the waiver again
• HPDE1 will need to “check in” with registration. All other groups will receive their wristbands from their respective Group Leader directly after the Drivers Meeting
Looking to take a passenger along for a ride on track? No problem but there's a few more steps required:
1. Passengers need to be 18 (with photo ID proof of age)
2. Passengers are only allowed in HPDE3, HPDE4 or Time Trial
3. Passengers are required to sign the "Passenger Waiver" (in addition to the general "Gate Waiver")
4. Pay the $10 fee
• Need to be checked out at Driver Info
• Need to be returned to registration within 30 mins of your final session to avoid a late fee
• Time Attack competitors: If you rented a transponder for your TA session, it is only available for your TA laps. If you need a transponder for TT or Race group you will be required to pay for a rental.
Drivers Meetings / Downloads
The mandatory drivers meeting for all drivers (HPDE, TT) will be held at Driver Info. All group breakout meetings and download locations will be announced by your respective Group Leader directly after the morning drivers meeting.
Timing and Scoring
• Hard copy results will be posted on our sign easels at Driver Info. Those same results can be found online
• Live T&S Results @ http://www.race-monitor.com/
• Archived T&S Results @ http://timingscoring.drivenasa.com/NASA_Arizona_Region/
The club provides bottled water for staff & volunteers. Water is also available to participants and guests for $1 using the self serve cash box directly in front of the cooler(s).
NASA AZ will be cooking lunch both days for it's staff. This is not available to the general public. Sat night dinner is still TBD at this time.
The town of Willcox is approximately 15-20 mins away with normal pump grades. The track also sells fuel at the following prices and can take cash or credit card:
NASA Arizona will have tire service available.
· $5 – dismount
· $10 – mount
· $10 – balance
· $5 – tire disposal (this will be $0 if the track will take our scrubs)
NOTE: Air is free and is self serve via the air-chuck located near the front of the NASA AZ gooseneck trailer.