2 full days of Racing, Time Trials, and our HPDE Racing School on one of the best Rovals in racing!
**Save money, Register Early. Price Increases $60. May 1.**
NASA Championships drivers headed to Daytona get your test\tune on banked driving at this event. Only opportunity in NASA this season to get this experience on some of the highest banks in NASCAR!
Award Ceremony following Saturday Race Day in the NASCAR Media Center. *Photos available of winning cars\Drivers in Victory Lane! Load in, July 9th.Track Information:
- Track Website: Kansas Speedway - Kansas Speedway
- Gate Hours TBA
Please note that there is a new process to apply for your license. You must apply online for your 2021 license. License processing can take up to 10 business days. Please ensure that your license application is submitted with enough time to process before the event. For our wheel-to-wheel racers, please make sure that your medical is current before the event. As with licenses, there is a new process to submit your medicals. Competition drivers that do not have a current approved medical on file will not be able to participate in wheel-to-wheel competition.
You can verify your information is current at the My Account page online.
- Please print/complete HPDE Tech Form below and bring it with you to the track. Inspect all items on sheet and have prepared for track inspector.
- Having your car track ready is your responsibility.
- More information and all rules are available online at https://www.nasaproracing.com/rules
- HPDE 1 - This is where you need to be if you are new driver. HPDE includes a minimum of (4) 20 minute sessions. All HPDE 1 students will be automatically assigned an instructor for the weekend. This event will follow a lead follow format due to covid-19. This includes required download sessions following each event. Please print HPDE tech form below and bring it with you to the track.
- HPDE 2 - For drivers that have been signed off to drive on their own, but just want more time with the novice group. Groups 1 and 2 run together. The only difference is that Group 2 has no instructor assignment.
- HPDE 3 – Groups 3 and 4 may also run together, typically arranged by fastest vehicle. Saturday will work up to additional passing by the end of the day. Sunday will be a continuation, starting with limited passing in the first session and then adding more passing zones and picking up the pace as the group leader feels appropriate.
- HPDE 4 - Open passing, still monitored by group leader. May run with Time Trials.
- Time Trials (TT) - TT license is required to register. All TT participants must have a transponder and display proper NASA decals.
- Race Groups - Number and composition of race groups determined based on entries. All racing rules apply.
- Competition School – Comp School utilized based on interest. Designed for students who are ready to enter the realm of wheel to wheel racing.
- **Be aware that groups will sell out. Please register early for our HPDE events as they are extremely popular.
- NASA certified instructors, please be sure to have your instructor logbook at the track.
- Not yet an instructor and want to be? Instructed with other groups but not NASA? Please contact our Chief Instructor, Terry Bouge at, email@example.com, to discuss becoming a certified NASA instructor.
Please remember to return your transponder before you leave the track. A charge of $400 will be issued to your card on file if the transponder is destroyed, never returned, or lost. Weak signal is a common problem with poor placement and can result in sporadic timing results. Please ensure a clear signal to the track when choosing a mounting location.
Annual Tech/New logbook
Inspections can be done at the track. We provide tech hours to accommodate this required inspection. Here is a list of approved tech shops if you'd like to have your inspection done prior to event. Click for a list of approved shops.
COVID Protocols are still in affect: